Call it gratitude, thanks, or appreciation.
Blessings come in many shapes and sizes.
I am grateful for many things every day, but today I am especially grateful for these blessings.
- A safe, cozy home – free of judgment and negative energy.
- Family and friends who infuse our lives with love, humor, skill saws, plumbing knowledge and free labor.
- A cat who knows when we need extra attention, and doesn’t get too mad at us when we take occasional road trips.
- The opportunity to let kids be kids in all their exuberance, sweet messiness, and enthusiastically curious selves.
- The ability to let the kids pick the menu for today’s feast. (Pot roast, buttery noodles, lasagna, macaroni and cheese and Cheetos – cuz it’s about the getting together and not about forcing kids to eat stuffing made with chunks of gizzard. Sorry, mom. But I will miss your stuffing.)
- The chance to start a new day with grace and integrity even though I blew all my grace and integrity out of the water with Mark a couple days ago.
- The deep understanding that I am perfect in my whole unique self. I may have a long way to go, but it’s okay if I mess up, and the important thing is that I keep trying.
- The insightful, often funny, warm and encouraging comments from all the caring individuals who read this blog.
- Two amazing kids – one tucked under each arm – who chose to make this journey with me.
- That look in the eye of someone who knows you, understands you, and loves you anyway.
- Second chances.
- The quiet moment to sit down with a fresh cup of coffee and laugh, after the mountain of holiday dishes are done.
- Leftover lasagna instead of leftover turkey.
Happy Thanksgiving, dear friends!